You are the owner of a business – but do you think you are a sales person? The answer should be YES! – in fact you are the top sales person in your business and probably always will be – why?, because you should have the most knowledge about your product or service than anyone else and the most passion – afterall you started the business, so you must be the most dedicated to its success.
But what type of sales person are you?
- An Order Taker – sitting back and waiting for someone to buy from you
- A Product Pusher – talking about nothing more than the product or service
- An Over Seller – Promising the world just to get the sale
- A problem Solver – helping the customer by providing a solution to their need
Remember to use Open Ended Questions
People buy from people they know, like and trust – so remember:
- Be Yourself
- Firm, (not too firm) handshake
- Be Professional
- First Impressions Count
- Keep in touch
- Do your homework
Whether the boss or an employee. Whatever type of sales person you are you are the most important elements are Passion and Belief in what you are selling.
Creating a step by step process for your sales is paramount to ensuring you don’t forget anything and have consistency every time.